1) We start by helping to select the perfect picture. In our hypothetical example, ROCK SERVERS would like a brochure that stands out, highlighting their “mission critical” reliability, as well as clean, “techie” data centers.
2) The common “blinking lights” of routers and servers would lend themselves well to fiber! We can add multiple colors, and multiple blink sequences.
3) The mockup below shows how fiber optic lighting can make a printed piece stand out!
These battery operated fiber optic modules come in a variety of colors… including modules that change color. Adding LED lighting is an option as well.
- Sounds like it’s early in the process, but it’s interesting nonetheless. This article, The first flexible, fiber-optic solar cell that can be woven into clothes, describes solar cells “thinner than human hair, flexible, and yet they produce electricity.” Apparently they haven’t yet created a shirt that can recharge your cellphone, but it’s probably not far off.
- We periodically stumble across these sorts of things… and love to share! Fiber Optic Fabric! Here are a few pics showing glowing threads weaved into clothing, shoes, drapes, even hair.